Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beauty Bisected


My college is pretty close to hyderabad so I keep going back to my house whenever possible.On one such journey, my train was late by an hour so I was left stranded in the railway station.Iam a midget when it comes to patience so I started cursing almost everyone, beginning from the guy who lays the tracks to the railway minister.

Just when I was trying to settle down, I saw a girl who looked like an etheral damsel.She was walking towards me and I kept staring at her in a really bizzare manner.I just couldnt take my eyes off her(All ugly guys are cursed to admire beauty and I am no exception) .She sat a little farther away from me but I was happy as I could still get a glimpse of her pretty face.Her eyes were really attractive and I was so lost in getting a proper view of them that I never took notice of the guy(her brother I guess) beside her untill I saw a couple of really furious eyes in the background.

What hapenned next was something even nostradamus wouldnt have predicted.A small boy in a totally torn outfit walked up to the girl and asked her for some money and in the process ended up touching her hand .Her beautiful eyes suddenly turned cadaverous and she said something to the guy beside her.The guy pushed the poor kid so hard that he fell down and started crying.There wasn’t even the slightest trace of remorse in the girls face and her petulant smile confirmed that there was none in her heart either.I felt horrible not because of the poignant incident that took place but because there was a tiny part of me that still found the girl beautiful.Eventually the train did arrive and I made sure that I didnt get into the same compartment as hers.

This pretty much sums up how life is, some of us are blessed with everything while others find it hard to keep body and soul together.Just because you are doing well doesn’t mean you can be rude to the one’s who are struggling.There are thousands of people in the world who breathe just to know they are alive.If possible try helping these people but don’t ever be harsh to them as the creator has already done that mistake.

Now, there are a few things that I have learnt from this experience.(Iam not religious so Iam not going to talk about karma,sins and other related weird stuff)

  • If people were to look as ugly as their thoughts then the world would be filled with ogres.
  • No matter who you are, if u do something bad you will definetly get back something bad.
  • Never judge a person by the way he/she looks.
  • It is always better to buy a cell phone with an integrated camera.
  • Do not make eye contact while staring at a person.
  • Never arrive early to a railway station.

14 comments:

PrincessApollonia said...

Dear Vijay..

In my view there are a few more thing that u must learn... Dont stare at women..or girls...

But make make eye contact while talking to aperson ... and let me tell u if dont ...its feels deception speciallly to women..but in general to men tooo...for eg if u go for an interview?

As for "Never arrive early to a railway station...." my personal experience have taught me otherwise when I had to jump into the moving train for my hols ..as I was late from the meeting...

Nevertheless, I agree with u on

i) No matter who you are, if u do something bad you will definetly get back something bad;and

ii)Never judge a person by the way he/she looks.

One thing I cudnt undertand was "It is always better to buy a cell phone with an integrated camera." Please enlighten..

Vijay Bhasker said...

Yes u are right about the staring and eye contact thing.

as far as my luck goes the train is always late...but ur right v cant genralise such stuff its better to arrive early than to jump into a moving train....

And the cell phone thing is my way of saying,capture such moments in a cam if possible and share it with ur friends n stuff.

Thx for ur opinion...

azeera:) said...

nice post .... lots of lessons in life brought in with the rite mix of humour and drama

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD,
I'VE NEVER SEEN U HAVING SUCH GENEROUS FEELINGS ON PEOPLE. ANYWAY THIS MAY BE MY EFFECT SINCE U R STAYING WIYH ME 5 DAYS A WEEK.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i just sent an email to Chetan Bhagath ( author of 5.someone) to be ready to face the competition from this guy whose writings are based on his real life experiences than of the former (as chetan bhagath didn't do all the stuff that is written in his book).
if this guy writes a book similar to 5.someone he would write
all the stuff he did(including making love to prof's daughter)

Dude, please help us by writing another blog on "How to get 75% attendance without attending classes" which will be of gr8 help to the whole student community.

DRAVIDIAN said...

its a nice post.It may sound cliche "looks could be deceptive" is very true.

u have a very good language.I would also say the same thing that you should be writing some thing like "five point someone" coz not every body is blessed with sense of humour.and ther is actually no reason for me to flatter u.what is said is what i felt honestly.but defnitely like to have ur comment on my blog.

Srinivas DMS said...

Do not expect others to be as patient as you are. So obviously, rudeness prevails throughout the world. And being beautiful or handsome is not an attained or inculcating things and hence independent of her/his attitude. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wildflower said...

There are thousands of people in the world who breathe just to know they are alive...
u need to reflect deep to write like this...
& there is beauty in ugliness..try n find that out the next time ur train goes late... :)

Venkat S Murthy said...

i agree wid u dude..,
beauty alone dosn't score 10 on 10

Cris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hullo! Came to your blog from Shrimoyee Sen's blog
You write beautifully!
This post makes you wish what happens in the movie Shallow Hal could really happen...

Great blog but the theme makes it a little hard to read it...
Also can you change your comment settings to allow Name/URL options.

-Cris
My Blog